View Poll Results: The better movie

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Last Starfighter

    2 66.67%
  • The Black Hole

    1 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: The Last Starfighter vs. The Black Hole

  1. #1
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    The Last Starfighter vs. The Black Hole

    which movie is better.

    The Last Starfighter

    The Black Hole
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Last Starfighter vs. The Black Hole

    Wow, I have never seen either one.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Last Starfighter vs. The Black Hole

    old early 80's movies.

    The Last Starfighter is miles ahead in my opinion. short version of the story, kid in a hole in the wall trailer park plays the video game Starfighter. He breaks the record. come to find out that the video game is really a recruiting tool for a distant planet in a War and looking for pilots for their Starfighters. kid gets recruited, taken away, isn't convinced it is the right thing for him to do.

    for it's time it was a pretty good movie. now it holds a nostalgic place but is still watchable
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Shooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    1,087
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Last Starfighter vs. The Black Hole

    Agreed starbuck. the last starfighter is a classic.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson

  5. #5
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Last Starfighter vs. The Black Hole

    seems to be a sequel to Starfighter in the works

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1196243/

    and this was the first movie to really use CGI. here is the original trailer
    YouTube - The Last Starfighter Theatrical Trailer
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Last Starfighter vs. The Black Hole

    seems that, if you look on IMDB, they are planning to do a sequel to The Last Starfitgter. btw, it was the first movie to really use CGI.
    here is the original trailer
    YouTube - The Last Starfighter Theatrical Trailer
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Shooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    1,087
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Last Starfighter vs. The Black Hole

    http://themovieblog.com/2008/02/the-...l-in-the-works


    Well it looks like The Last Starfighter (an 80?s staple) is about to get a sequel 20 years on ala Tron. We get the scoop thanks to a cinemablend exclusive!

    I?ve heard vague rumblings in recent years that a sequel might be in the works, and now it looks like it?s actually happening. It is currently on the production schedule for a company called George Paige and Associates, and they list it as being distributed by Warner Brothers and Universal Pictures. Tonight I got an email from a scooper going by the name of ZondoDon, who claims that not only is it on the schedule, it?s about to start shooting next month.

    He adds: ?It involves original director Nick Castle, writer Jonathan Betuel and actor Lance Guest. It?s your basic Son of the Starfighter storyline and actually sounds pretty cool.? A teenage Guest starred in the original movie, so if they really are pursuing a Son of the Starfighter plot, it makes sense that they?d want him back? assuming of course any of Zondo?s scoop is true.

    The Last Starfighter was a great idea for a film. With so many people growing up with video games and with the genre bigger than ever, the film makes almost more sense now than it did when it was originally released. I am not sure I understand a sequel, but I always like to think that one day my Virtua Fighter skills will gain the attention of an alien race? so I am on board to keep the dream alive.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson

  8. #8
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Last Starfighter vs. The Black Hole

    To me, the better flick was The Black Hole. Only downfall of it was the campy aspect...had it taken a more serious tone, it would have been an all time classic. A remake of this movie would kill.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •